For Telecom shelters, enclosures and rooms.
Dantherm's Free Air Cooling unit, the Flexibox, provides total heat management. Furthermore, the units generate energy cost savings of up to 90 % on cooling in Telecom sites hosting GSM, UMTS or LTE networks.
Free Cooling is cost-effective controlled ventilation: The Telecom shelter or enclosure is cooled by means of ambient air without a compressor.
All of the Dantherm Free Cooling products operate with overpressure delivering filtered air into the room, thereby ensuring a clean environment for the radio transmission equipment.
Flexible, quality-minded cooling solutions
Dantherm offers five Flexibox solutions ranging in capacity from 3-8 kW at delta t 10°C. The newly launched 5th generation features a built-in controller and is for outdoor mounting only. The other generations are for both indoor and outdoor mounting. The Flexibox is available for both AC and DC power, allowing for effective emergency cooling.
The Flexibox as the sole cooling solution is adequate for cooling Telecom base stations in most climate conditions. In warm climates and in climates with high temperature peaks, a combination of free cooling and an air conditioner is a good choice.
The combination prolongs the service life of your existing air conditioner and generates significant energy savings, when the free cooling is active.
- Dantherm Flexibox 450
- Dantherm Flexibox 400
- Dantherm Flexibox 350
- Dantherm Flexibox 460
- Dantherm Flexibox 460
We look forward
+45 96 14 37 83
How much can
Flexibox Free Cooling
|Dantherm Flexibox Capacities||810||460||450||450||400||400||350||350|
|Voltage AC or DC||DC||DC||DC||AC||DC||AC||DC||AC|
|Max capacity in kW
at Δt = 10°C
|Max air flow m³/h||2,333||1,488||2,490||2,970||1,440||1,600||865||865|
|Weight in kg||25,5||24||22||22||18||18||10||10|
- Radio base stations
- Telecom shelters
- Electronics enclosures
- DC Powered Sites
- Hybrid Telecom Sites
- Automation control cabinets
- Drive stations
- Network & computer rooms
- Power supply rooms
Features and Benefits
Dantherm Flexibox 810, 460, 450, 400 and 350.
- Extremely energy-efficient: Savings of up to 90 % compared with traditional cooling solutions.
- Total heat management: Control of external air conditioner-units, heater, motorized dampers.
- Stepless fan speed control with surveillance - low running costs and stable operation.
- Flexibox 810 and 460 for outdoor installation.
- Flexibox 450, 400 and 350 equals flexible installation at new and legacy sites, indoor, outddor, through wall, on floor, from ceiling.
- Optional surveillance system.
- Flexibox Free Cooling collection
- Free cooling - Flexibox detail of easily serviced and large panel F5 filter.
- free cooling - Flexibox detail of front service panel
- Dantherm Flexibox for free cooling - detail of wiring
- Free Cooling - Dantherm Flexibox for free cooling - detail of filter guard and fan
- Dantherm Flexibox for free cooling - detail of through-wall mounting plate.
- The built-in CC4 controller for Dantherm Flexibox 460 and 810 is powered by 48V DC. The CC4 Controller is a total heat managment controller for energy optimized cooling. The controller takes control of free cooling, emergency cooling, dampers, air conditioners, heater etc - to achieve the set temperature by a minimum use of power. It incorporates SD-Card for re-programming and data logging. The Controller can be connected to the Dantherm Display.
- The rain hood of the Flexibox 460 and 810 is shielding the unit from rain and snow.
- The filter for Flexibox 460 and 810 is easily changed by means of the sliding and tightening filter bracket.
- The Square motorized damper is used to control the air streams in a room or shelter - when utilizing free air cooling.
- The motorized damper for Flexibox air outlet ensures control of airstreams in when utilizing free air cooling.
- Wall display for Dantherms controllers in the CC family: CC1-4. The display show in clear symbols status and eveltual alarms. Settings can be changed directly from the display
- TKS 3000 controller for Dantherm Flexibox 450-400 and 350. All powered by 230V AC. The TKS Controller is a total heat management controller for energy optimized cooling - it takes control of free cooling, dampers, air conditioners, heater etc. to acieve the set temperature using minimum power.
- ACUE 3000 controller for Dantherm Flexibox 450-400 and 350. All powered by 24 or 48V DC. The ACUE controller is a total heat management controller for energy optimized cooling - it takes control of free cooling, emergency cooling, dampers, air conditioners, heater etc. to acheive the set temperature using minimum power.