- Mobile Heating & Cooling
- Product range
- Case stories
- White paper: Saving energy in accommodation containers
- AC-M18 CBRN I
- AC-M18 CBRN II
Air conditioner for tent cooling.
The AC-M18 CBRN air conditioner is a portable unit developed primarily to provide air conditioning in temporary or transportable buildings or tents.
The AC-M18 CBRN is a compact, light-weight aluminium unit built into a rigid steel frame. The air conditioner is designed to operate on COLPRO applications with the evaporator module placed inside the shelter and the condenser module placed outside. The two modules are interconnected by refrigerant hoses and power cables.
The AC-M18 CBRN also operates with both modules placed outside with ducted supply and return air. A dual filtration system for the internal air path is available for selective filtration.
The function of the AC-M18 CBRN is based on a cooling circuit and two powerful fans. The evaporator section contains the evaporator and a radial fan which draws warm internal air through the cold evaporator and blows out the cooled air through the side or the top of the unit. The condenser section contains two condenser coils and a large axial fan returning the heat from the internal air to the outside.
HEPA filter unit
As a supplement to the AC-M18 CBRN aircon, a HEPA filter unit is available for use in clean room solutions. The HEPA filter unit can be fitted with different kinds of filters, depending on the actual requirements. Various filter types are available.
The HEPA filter unit is for external installation and it is mounted on top of the AC-M18 CBRN evaporator side, over the upper supply opening. The HEPA filter unit is designed for clean room solutions, such as field hospitals and workshops for sensitive equipment.
Up to four filters can be used in the air stream when mounting a HEPA filter unit on top of the AC-M18 CBRN (2 + 2 filters).
A wheel kit is available as a basic add-on-solution which can be fitted to the AC-M18 CBRN on site without using any tools. Easily accessible handles lift the unit to transport mode and the AC-M18 CBRN can be transported and moved to the optimal position by one person. On sites where no forklift is available, the wheel solution enables rapid and easy deployment of the AC-M18 CBRN aircon.
- Military camps
- Relief camps
- The AC-M18 CBRN is built into a strong metal frame with insulated panels where relevant, powder coated.
- All sheet metal parts are protected against corrosion by a minimum 80μm top coat.
- Top finish painting is standard sand colour.
- Designed for air conditioning when the temperature is above 20oC.
- It can provide cooling at ambient temperatures up to +60oC.
- Option with built in heating will heat when ambient temperature is below 20oC.
- Scroll compressor for a high degree of reliability and low noise level.
- Automatic phase surveillance.
- Sequential start of units possible.
- Environment-friendly R134a refrigerant.
- HP/LP pressostat switches ensuring long compressor lifetime.
- Controlled by a room thermostat placed inside the tent (accessory).
- G3 filtration of internal air.
- Dual filters in front of internal air intake as an option.
- Fresh air intake.
- Four way fork lift handling.
- Easy strap down on air cargo pallets and stackable (two units on top of each other).
- Insulated flexible hoses Ø400 mm for air transport (accessory).
- Low voltage control circuit.
- ErP 2015 compliant.
|tent cooling||AC-m18 CBRN|
|NATO Stock Number without heat||4120-22-618-1245|
|NATO Stock Number with 6/16 kW heat and softstarter||4120-22-615-5383|
|Operating range, ambient temperature, cooling||20-60oC|
|Operating range, ambient temperature, heating||-32-(+20oC)|
|Airflow, internal, with hoses||2500 m3/h|
|Airflow, external||5600 m3/h|
|Max. cooling capacity Note The cooling capacity can change considerably depending on air temperature and humidity||17,5 kW|
|Heating capacity, optional||16/20 kW|
|Power supply||3x400 V / 50 Hz|
|Max. running current, cooling / heating||16 A / depending on heating capacity|
|Locked rotor amperage||70 A|
|Power consumption, cooling / heating||8300 W|
|Refrigerant connection hoses stainless steel||5 m|
|Filter material EN 779||G3 + optional|
|Hose connection||400 Ømm|
|Noise level, 1 m distance from evap. inside tent||54 dB(A)|
|Weight (without accessories, evap./cond.)||137/104 kg|
- AC-M18 CBRN
- AC-M18 CBRN
- AC-M18 CBRN I
- AC-M18 CBRN II
- HEPA filter unit for ACM 18 CBRN
- Remote thermostat with 15 m cable and cooling/heating selector switch
- Insulated, flexible air duct Ø400 mm x 3 m incl. storage bag
- Uninsulated, flexible air duct Ø400 mm x 5 m incl. storage bag
- Air distribution air duct Ø400 mm x 6 m
- F7 filter
- Trolley with wheels
- HEPA filtration unit