- Mobile Heating & Cooling
- Product range
- Case stories
- White paper: Saving energy in accommodation containers
Air conditioner for tent cooling.
The AC-M18 air conditioner is a portable unit developed primarily to provide air conditioning in temporary or transportable buildings or tents. It is a compact, light-weight aluminium unit built into a rigid steel frame.
The AC-M18 is designed for outside installation with ducted supply and return air. For field hospitals, where the need for filtration is higher than that of normal accommodation, a dual filtration system for the internal air path is available. The AC-M18 is also available as a split system for sealed applications (AC-M18 CBRN).
The function of the AC-M18 is based on a cooling circuit and two powerful fans. The evaporator section contains the evaporator and a radial fan which draws warm internal air through the cold evaporator and blows out the cooled air through the side or the top of the unit. The condenser section contains two condenser coils and a large axial fan returning the heat from the internal air to the outside.
The AC-M18 can be equipped with an electric heating coil to provide heating for example for night time when temperatures can fall under 20°C.
A wheel kit is available as a basic add-on-solution which can be fitted to the AC-M18 on site without using any tools. Easily accessible handles lift the unit to transport mode and the AC-M18 can be transported and moved to the optimal position by one person. On sites where no forklift is available, the wheel solution enables rapid and easy deployment of the AC-M18 aircon.
The AC-M18 is also available in a 60 Hz version.
- Military camps
- Relief camps
- Designed for optimal utilization of a standard 20" ISO container (24 pcs).
- The AC-M18 is built into a strong metal frame with insulated panels where relevant, powder coated.
- All sheet metal parts are protected against corrosion by a minimum 80μm top coat.
- Top finish painting is standard sand colour.
- Designed for air conditioning when the temperature is above 20oC.
- It can provide cooling at ambient temperatures up to +60oC.
- Option with built in heating will heat when ambient temperature is below 20oC
- Scroll compressor for a high degree of reliability and low noise level.
- Automatic phase surveillance.
- Sequential start of units possible
- Environment-friendly R134a refrigerant.
- HP/LP pressostat switches ensuring long compressor lifetime.
- Controlled by a room thermostat placed inside the tent (accessory).
- G3 filtration of internal air.
- Dual filters in front of internal air intake as an option.
- Fresh air intake.
- Four way fork lift handling.
- Easy strap down on air cargo pallets and stackable (two units on top of each other).
- Insulated flexible hoses Ø400 mm for exhaust and return air openings.
- Low voltage control circuit.
- ErP 2015 compliant.
|NATO Stock Number without heat||4120-22-615-5382|
|NATO Stock Number with 6/16 kW heat and softstarter||4120-22-616-8876|
|Operating range, ambient temperature, cooling||20-60oC|
|Operating range, ambient temperature, heating||-32-(+20oC)|
|Airflow, internal, with hoses||2500 m3/h|
|Airflow, external||5600 m3/h|
|Nominal cooling capacity Note The cooling capacity can change considerably depending on air temperature and humidity||17,5 kW|
|Heating capacity, optional||6/16 kW|
|Power supply (also available in 60 Hz)||3x400 V / 50 Hz|
|Max. running current, cooling / heating||16 / 26 A|
|Locked rotor amperage (LRA) Note Soft starter available||101 A|
|Power consumption, cooling / heating||8300 W / variable|
|Refrigerant / quantity||R134a / 7,8 kg|
|Filter material EN 779||G3 + optional|
|Hose connection||1x400 Ømm|
|Noise level, aircon @ 3 m distance, measured in shelter||59 dB(A)|
|Weight (without accessories, with heat)||240 kg|
- ACM 18
- ACM 18 installation
- ACM 18 installation
- ACM 18
- Remote thermostat with 15 m cable and cooling/heating selector switch
- Insulated, flexible air duct Ø400 mm x 3 m incl. storage bag
- Uninsulated flexible air duct Ø400 mm x 5 m incl. storage bag
- Air distribution duct Ø400 mm x 6 m
- Trolley with wheels
- F7 filter