- Swimming Pool Ventilation
- Refurbishing Air Handling Units
- Commercial Ventilation
- Saving Energy in Leisure Centres
- Home Ventilation
- Dehumidification and ventilation in swimming pools
- Central Market, Abu Dhabi:
- Eastern Leisure Centre
- Van Zyl & de Villiers
- Cardiff International Pool
- Cost savings in Doncaster
- Ventilation system at DLL generates impressive savings
- Fully funded ESCO project for Leisure Centre
- Public swimming pool in Sines, Portugal
- Drammen Waterpark, Norway
- Henley Leisure Centre
'Pool in the sky' draws
on Dantherm's technical
quality and product
T2 is one of the three towers that form the centrepiece of Abu Dhabi’s $200 billion redevelopment of the ancient central market area, also known as the souk
In fact the T2 tower has the prestige of being the second tallest building in the whole of the UAE. One of the spectacular features is that a 250 m2 pool is located on the 87 floor.
The high profile nature of this project along with the local climatic conditions presented the services consultants and Dantherm with a range of unusual challenges. Dantherm proposed a recirculation based AF heat pump dehumidifier in conjunction with an XK heat recovery unit to supply fresh air. In addition to dehumidification, the heat pump unit supplies mechanical cooling to the space to deal with the high solar gains, and also uses surplus heat to warm the pool water. The external temperature varies enormously from a peak of 46oC in the height of summer, down to 7oC in the depth of the desert winter season. To mitigate the effect of this on the main ventilation system the fresh air ventilation rate was carefully calculated & kept to a minimum, and a DANX XK heat recovery unit is used to temper the incoming supply air.
The nature of the project called for the equipment to comply with extremely demanding technical standards; this involved stringent fire regulations and test certification for the cabinet construction, internal components and control systems.
- 250 m2 pool located on the 87th floor.
- Extreme climatic conditions, 7oC in winter & 46oC in summer.
- Compliance with extremely stringent specifications for high profile skyscraper.
- Dantherm chosen for application knowledge and high quality product.