- Swimming Pool Ventilation
- Refurbishing Air Handling Units
- Commercial Ventilation
- Saving Energy in Leisure Centres
- Home Ventilation
- Dehumidification and ventilation in swimming pools
- Case stories
How to design a ventilation
system for a swimming pool
hall with energy efficiency
Ventilation systems for swimming pools are required to deal with a broad range of issues. Designers typically refer to guidelines produced by recognized bodies such as CIBSE or Sport England, but this information is generally regarded as rule of thumb. This seminar takes the mechanical services designer through the design process dealing with each aspect in detail.
- Problems caused by high humidity.
- Review of current design standards and appropriate design conditions
- Calculation of evaporation loads and air flow rates..
- Design of the ventilation unit; what technologies are important and how are they work together to optimise energy consumption.
- Choice of appropriate materials and features to deliver a reliable solution in a highly corrosive pool environment.
- Air distribution systems.
- Lifecycle costs and enhanced energy management strategies.
Duration: 45-60 mins
Questions & answers: 10 mins